After the swelling in his face continued to get worse, I caved and called the Dr's office. They wanted to see him since they weren't the ones who diagnosed the ear infection. By the time I got to him at the sitter, a rash was starting to develop again. By the time I got his onesie off at the office, it was down to his diaper. Looked just about as bad as last time. *sigh*
When Dr. Jason tried to look in his ears, he couldn't b/c there was so much wax. He said there was no way that the Urgent Care Dr. would have been able to see anything either. After some scraping and irrigation, he said there were no signs of infection. I'm to finish the Amoxicillin just in case, but his feeling was that it is still just the virus raring it's ugly head. (I love how it is just "the virus"...could be any realm of things!!)
This is one NASTY virus and it has overstayed it's welcome. My poor baby. While, he's usually his normal smiley self when he is awake, he is sleeping 6-7 hours a day and then sleeping 12-13 hours at night. Yeah...you read that right. He was only awake for about 5 hours the entire day on Sunday.
So...we wait. That's all I can do. I can hold, rock, and give Tylenol. But that's it. Just has to run its course. Ugh!!
Poor little guy! I know it no fun to have a sick baby, especially when they can't tell you whats wrong and a Dr isn't any help either!
ReplyDeleteI hope he gets better soon!!